Monday 7 January 2013

Lord Huron - The Ghost on the Shore

I thought I would share with you one of the songs I am currently in love with. Lord Huron's "The Ghost on the Shore" is a beautiful song. It is one of those songs that tell a story. The lyrics are just great.

I'm just a man but I know that I'm damned
All the dead seem to know where I am
The tale that began on the night of my birth
Will be done in a turn of the earth
 
It has a folksy feel to it (must be the harmonica), which I am really into right now. They even sound a little bit country, but I don't really mind that. I grew up with my dad blasting Conway Twitty, George Jones, Red Sovine, and company. In any case, I think Lord Huron is a great band and this is a great song, along with "In the Wind". Both songs are from their "Lonesome Dreams" album.

Take a listen:

 
There is still hope for music! 
 Full lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment